Ontario Turkey #TurkeyONTour Contest
FULL OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES (the “Rules”)
How to Enter:
- To enter, spot the Ontario Turkey food trailer on the road, at a grocery store, at a festival or any other location and take a picture. Using the hashtag #TurkeyONTour share the photograph and geo tag your location on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram for your chance to win.
- Only Entries submitted to the Ontario Turkey Facebook page (www.facebook.com/
OntarioTurkey) and via the entrants personal Instagram, Twitter will be accepted. Entries submitted via any other method will NOT be accepted. Entries must be received no later than the Contest Closing time or End Date, defined below.
- To be eligible to earn an Entry in this Contest, your applicable social media account must be set to public and not private.
- The Ontario Turkey #TurkeyONTour Contest starts at 12:00 am EST on Saturday, June 10, 2017 and continues until 11:59 pm Tuesday, September 5, 2017, the “Contest Period.” The time at which the Contest concludes is referred to in these Contest Rules as the “Contest Closing Time”.
- The contest is open to legal residents of Ontario only who have reached the age of majority, eighteen (18) at the time of entry, with the exception of Turkey Farmers of Ontario, (the “Sponsor”), its agents, employees, officers, directors, affiliates, vendors, contractors, resellers and advertising agencies and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, and their immediate families and those with whom they reside (whether related or not), are ineligible.
- To be eligible to be declared the winner, a selected entrant must first: (i) have complied with, be in compliance with, and continue to comply with the Rules; (ii) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question on the Release, Indemnity, and Publicity form; and (iii) sign and return a Release, Indemnity, and Publicity form within a specified period of time.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to require proof of eligibility, which proof shall be in the form required by the Sponsor.
- FACEBOOK, TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM NOT INVOLVED: The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (each, a “Social Platform”). Each Social Platform is hereby completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not to a Social Platform. You may only use one (1) Facebook Account or one (1) Twitter Account or one (1) Instagram Account (each, an “Account” and collectively the “Accounts”) to participate in this Contest
Prizes and Odds of Winning:
- There is one 1 GRAND PRIZE and twelve (12) SECONDARY PRIZES available to be won at the outset of this Contest.
- The Grand Prize consists of: a delicious catered Ontario Turkey dinner for the winner and 11 of their friends and/or family. The catered Ontario Turkey dinner will be hosted at a location and time to be determined by the Sponsor, but in any event no later than three months from the date of the Contest Closing Time. The delicious dinner will include starter appetizers, roast turkey, side dishes, dessert and non-alcoholic beverages along with set-up, service and clean up. Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $1,500 CAD. Approximate odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received by the Contest Closing Time.
- Each Secondary Prize consists of: One (1) prize pack including assorted Ontario Turkey branded merchandise valued at approx. $25.00 CAD. Approximate odds of winning a Secondary Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received by the Contest Closing Time.
- An entry selected for a Secondary Prize continues to be eligible for the Grand Prize Draw.
- Limit of one Secondary Prize and one Grand Prize per eligible entrant.
- All taxes and other costs not expressly covered by the Sponsor are the responsibility of the individual winner.
How the Grand Prize Is Awarded
- A random draw (“Grand Prize Draw”) to award the Grand Prize, subject to these Contest Rules, will occur on September 6, 2017 at 2:00 PM EST in Brampton, Ontario from all eligible entries received by the Contest Closing Time. The Grand Prize Draw will be conducted by a representative of the Sponsor.
- If your entry is selected in the Grand Prize Draw as a potential winner of a Grand Prize, you will be notified by direct message on the Social Media Platform with which you entered the Contest to confirm your eligibility.
- Prior to being declared a winner, a Release, Indemnity, and Publicity form will be e-mailed to you for completion (see below for details regarding the Release, Indemnity, and Publicity form and the skill-testing question requirement).
- If a selected entrant cannot be contacted within 5 days of the draw, or if a selected entrant is ineligible or does not respond or does not respond within 5 days or comply with the Contest Rules, such entrant will have forfeited his/her opportunity to win a prize and an alternate entrant will be selected by random draw to win, subject to these Contest Rules.
How the Secondary Prizes are Awarded
- On each Selection Date listed in paragraph 20 (each, a “Selection Date”) in Brampton, ON at approximately 11 a.m. ET, one (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw from amoung all eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Week immediately preceding the applicable Selection Date. NOTE: ENTRIES DO NOT CARRY-FORWARD FROM ONE WEEK TO ANY SUBSEQUENT WEEK(S). AS SUCH, IF YOU WANT A CHANCE TO WIN IN RELATION TO A GIVEN WEEK THEN YOU MUST SUBMIT AN ELIGIBLE ENTRY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE RULES DURING THAT WEEK.
- Weekly Draw Table:
(all 12:00:00 a.m. ET)
(all 11:59:00 p.m. ET)
June 10, 2017
June 17, 2017
June 24, 2017
July 1, 2017
July 8, 2017
July 15, 2017
July 22, 2017
July 29, 2017
August 5, 2017
August 12, 2017
August 19, 2017
August 26, 2017
June 16, 2017
June 23, 2017
June 30, 2017
July 7, 2017
July 14, 2017
July 21, 2017
July 28, 2017
August 4, 2017
August 11, 2017
August 18, 2017
August 25, 2017
September 4, 2017
June 19, 2017
June 26, 2017
July 4, 2017
July 10, 2017
July 17, 2017
July 24, 2017
July 31, 2017
August 7, 2017
August 14, 2017
August 21, 2017
August 28, 2017
September 5, 2017
- If your entry is selected in the Weekly Prize Draw as a potential winner of a Secondary Prize, you will be notified by direct message on the Social Media Platform with which you entered the Contest to confirm your eligibility.
- Prior to being declared a winner, a Release, Indemnity, and Publicity form will be sent to you for completion (see below for details regarding the Release, Indemnity, and Publicity form and the skill-testing question requirement).
- If a selected entrant cannot be contacted within 2 days of the draw, or if a selected entrant is ineligible or does not respond within 5 days or comply with the Contest Rules, such entrant will have forfeited his/her opportunity to win a prize and an alternate entrant will be selected by random draw to win, subject to these Contest Rules.
- The Secondary Prize will be sent to the winners via postal mail. No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor, Contest Administrator, or any affiliated companies for any postal mail or delivery return as undeliverable without a forwarding address. No responsibility is assumed by the “Sponsor”), its agents, employees, officers, directors, affiliates, vendors, contractors, resellers and advertising agencies and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors for the Prize after it has been shipped.
- By entering the Contest and submitting an Entry, each entrant: (i) without limiting the applicable Social Platform Rules, as applicable, grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Entry Materials (and each component thereof), in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Entry Materials (and each component thereof) in favour of the Sponsor (and anyone authorized by the Sponsor to use such Entry Materials); and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its agents, employees, officers, directors, affiliates, vendors, contractors, resellers and advertising agencies and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from use of his/her Entry Materials (or any component thereof), including, without limitation, any claim based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action whatsoever.
- Participants in the Grand Prize Ontario Turkey Dinner will be required to complete and sign a release form granting to the Sponsor the right to use all video and audio recorded during the dinner.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- By participating in this Contest, you are signifying your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by these Official Rules.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or exchanged. Contest Sponsors reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value for whatever reason, of the advertised prizes. In addition, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the contest for any reason whatsoever.
- By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its agents, employees, officers, directors, affiliates, vendors, contractors, resellers and advertising agencies and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors from any liability in connection with this Contest or, if declared a winner, the prize.
- ]The Sponsor, its agents, employees, officers, directors, affiliates, vendors, contractors, resellers and advertising agencies and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant.
- The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof of being the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid social media account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this contest will be the contest server machine(s).
- The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal. ANYONE DEEMED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THE SPONSOR’S INTERPRETATION OF THE LETTER AND/OR SPIRIT OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
- The Sponsor, Turkey Farmers of Ontario, respects each Entrant’s right to privacy. By entering the Contest and voluntarily providing personal information, Entrants consent and agree to the Sponsor’s collection and use of Entrant’s information for the administration of the Contest in accordance with the applicable privacy policies of Turkey Farmers of Ontario available at http://turkeyfarmers.on.ca/privacy-policy/. Personal information collected in relation to the Contest will be destroyed following the Contest and awarding of the Prize.
- Turkey Farmers of Ontario may use the personal information collected to contact you regarding the winning of a prize through the Contest. Your entry submission constitutes your consent to the collection and use by Turkey Farmers of Ontario of your information.
- However, if an Entrant consents to receive future information from Turkey Farmers of Ontario and its affiliate Ontario Turkey, they may use the information provided to initiate, maintain and develop a relationship with the Entrant in connection with offering any of Turkey Farmers of Ontario products; or to promote and market to the Entrant additional products and services offered by Turkey Farmers of Ontario Such consent may be revoked by an Entrant at any time by writing to: Turkey Farmers of Ontario, Privacy Officer, 1120 – 100 Conestoga College Boulevard, Kitchener, ON N2P 2N6 Phone: 519-748-9636 Fax: 519-748-2742 or by selecting “unsubscribe” and completing the required fields on any electronic communication received.
- Turkey Farmers of Ontario will not give, rent or sell any personal information about any visitor to this website or any personal information about any Entrant to any organization or individual.
- If you have already submitted the information and would like to have it removed from our records, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
© Turkey Farmers of Ontario. 2017. All Rights Reserved.