Almond Crusted Turkey
Makes: 4 Servings
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) buttermilk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) hot sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless Ontario turkey filets, about 1 lb/454 g
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
In shallow dish (pie plate), whisk together buttermilk, hot sauce and ½ tsp (2mL) of the salt. Place turkey in mixture for at least 10 minutes and up to one day.
In separate shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs, almonds, Parmesan, remaining salt and parsley.
Shake excess buttermilk from the turkey fillets and dredge in the almond mixture pressing gently until completely coated with mixture.
In large oven proof, non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook turkey until well browned on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Gently flip over and transfer to 400°F (200°C) oven until turkey is cooked through and top is golden, about 10 minutes.
Per serving: About 300 cal, 35 g pro, 16 g total fat (3 g sat fat), 6 g carb, 2 g fibre, 50 mg chol, 920 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 15%, calcium 15%, vit A 8%, vit C 8%