Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh coriander
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 8 large Boston lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 lb (454 g) cooked Ontario turkey, sliced
In a large bowl, combine carrots, coriander, green onions, cucumber and onion. In a smaller bowl, whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar and ginger until well combined. Toss veggies with dressing and mix well.
To serve, place lettuce leaves on a serving platter and top with veggie mixture. Place sliced turkey on top. Serve and enjoy!
Great use of leftover turkey!
Tie each bundle with a chive or green onion for a different presentation.
Kick it up with a dash of your favourite hot sauce or a pinch of chili flakes!