Breaded Turkey Wings
Prep time: Cook time:
- 4 Ontario turkey wings (about 3 lb/1.5 kg), cut into 2 pieces each
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
Cut wings into two pieces at both joints. Discard wing tips.
In a very large bowl toss turkey wings with oil.
In a small bowl, stir together bread crumbs, cheese, chili powder, oregano, hot pepper flakes and salt. Add to turkey wings in bowl and shake to coat well.
Place turkey wings on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake in 400 F (200 C) oven for about 1 hour or until golden brown, crisp and juices run clear when pierced.
Cajun variation: Omit Parmesan, chili powder, oregano, hot pepper flakes and salt. Add 2 tbsp (30 mL) of Cajun seasoning to the breadcrumb coating and 1 tbsp (15 mL) hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco). To add even more heat, increase the amount of hot pepper sauce or serve it alongside the wings.