Curried Pea & Turkey Sweet Potato Croquettes
- 8 oz (227 g) ground Ontario turkey
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) curry powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 2 small or 1 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 1 lb/454 g)
- 1 cup (250 mL) turkey or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) Cornflakes, crushed
In a large nonstick skillet, over medium heat cook, turkey, onion, garlic, curry powder and cumin for 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink. Add sweet potatoes and broth; bring to a simmer. Add peas; cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
Using a potato masher, mash mixture slightly. Let cool until easy enough to handle. Shape 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the mixture into an oval and carefully coat with cornflakes. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Bake in preheated 400 F (200 C) oven for about 15 minutes or until golden.
Per serving (2 croquettes): About 188 cal, 11 g pro, 4 g total fat (0 g sat fat), 26 g carb, 3 g fibre, 30 mg chol, 249 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 20%, calcium 4%, vit A 48%, vit C 6%