Double Cheese Turkey Nachos Supremos
Makes: 4 Servings
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1.5 lbs (680 g) ground Ontario turkey
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) coriander, chopped (optional)
- 1 lb (500 g) nacho chips
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) guacamole
- 1 cup (250 mL) salsa
In a large pan on medium, heat oil and sauté onions until tender and starting to brown. Add garlic and turkey and continue to sauté for approx 8-10 minutes or until turkey is fully cooked and starting to brown. Add taco seasoning mix and tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are soft. Remove from heat and stir in coriander. Set aside.
Pre-heat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
On a large baking sheet, spread the nacho chips evenly to form one layer. Spoon turkey mixture evenly over the chips. Top with shredded cheeses and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese melts and nachos turn golden in colour.
Serve warm with side dishes of sour cream, guacamole and salsa!