Ginger Turkey Stir Fry
Makes: 6 Servings
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) water
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated fresh ginger root OR 1/2 tsp (2mL) ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) cornstarch
- 2 cups (500 mL) carrots, sliced diagonally
- 2 cups (500 mL) broccoli florets
- 2 cups (500 mL) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can 8 oz. water chestnuts (optional)
- 2 cups (500 mL) Ontario turkey, chopped and cooked
Combine water, lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, ginger root, and garlic. Dissolve cornstarch in mixture, set aside.
Heat oil in wok or large skillet. Add carrots; stir-fry 3-4 minutes, add broccoli, mushrooms, water chestnuts, and turkey. Stir-fry 2-3 minutes. Add sauce and cook, stirring constantly until sauce has thickened and vegetables are tender crisp.
Serve over long grain rice or cracked wheat bulgur.