Grilled Turkey Panini
PREP TIME: COOK TIME: MAKES: 4 Servings
- 4 Panini buns, sliced open
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 4 roasted red peppers, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- 1 lb (454 g) sliced, cooked Ontario turkey breast
- 8 slices Mozzarella or Provolone cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) prepared pasta sauce, optional
Pre-heat Panini press to medium-high.
Rub the cut surfaces of each bun with the cut side of the garlic and brush with oil.
Layer the bottom bun with red pepper slices, basil leaves and turkey dividing equally between the four sandwiches. Top each sandwich with two slices of cheese and the bun top.
Place sandwich on Panini press and grill closed for 5 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and sandwich is heated through. Serve with warmed pasta sauce for dipping!
Cooking Tip: No Panini press? Wrap sandwiches in foil and bake in a 400°F (200°C) oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and sandwich is heated through.