Grilled Turkey Scallopine with Corn Bacon Sauté
PREP TIME: COOK TIME: MAKES: 4
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) dried Italian seasoning
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 12 oz (375 g) Ontario turkey scallopine or turkey breast slices
- 4 cobs fresh corn, husked
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 6 strips turkey bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
In a shallow dish, whisk together oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper. Add scallopine and toss to coat evenly.
Place cobs of corn on grill over medium high heat; grill for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Set aside.
Add scallopine onto grill and grill turning once for about 8 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
In a nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat and cook bacon, stirring for 5 minutes or until crisp.
Cut kernels from corncobs and add to skillet. Cook for 3 minutes or until warmed through.
Remove from heat and stir in basil. Serve with scallopine.
Tip: Enjoy leftover scallopine in a bun the next day for lunch.
Make a salsa with any leftover corn mixture by stirring in your favourite salsa and top your scallopine in a bun.