Jalapeno Turkey Burger
Makes: 6 Servings
- 1 lb (500 g) ground Ontario turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato salsa
- 6 Mozzarella cheese – part skim, sliced (optional)
Combine ground turkey, onion, jalapeno peppers, garlic, egg and bread crumbs. Form into 6 patties. Grill on medium-high for 5-7 minutes on each side, until no longer pink in centre.
Divide salsa and cheese evenly among burgers. Heat until cheese melts.