Lemon Garlic Turkey Kabobs
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced garlic
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp (5 mL) smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 pkg (450 g) lean ground Ontario turkey
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each cayenne pepper and salt
In a large bowl, stir together lemon rind and juice, garlic, parsley, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper. Add turkey and mix together with your hands until evenly distributed.
Divide mixture into 8 balls and shape into an oval onto soaked wooden skewers.
Remove outer leaves of cauliflower and break into large florets. Cut peppers into quarters and toss both into a large bowl. Add oil, cayenne and salt and toss to coat.
Place cauliflower, peppers and turkey kebobs onto greased grill over medium heat for about 12 minutes, turning a couple of times until vegetables are tender crisp and turkey is no longer pink inside.
Serve kebobs with vegetables.
Tip: To make these kebobs as appetizers simply divide the mixture into 16 and shape onto skewers.
For a different serving option you can use a slightly larger skewer and divide mixture into 16 and shape two on each skewer.
Need a quick serving idea, wrap the kebob in a hot dog bun or wrap and serve with your favourite toppings.