Red Chili Sauce Turkey
Prep time: Cook time: Makes: 4 Servings
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 lb (454 g) boneless skinless Ontario turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) red curry paste
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) fish sauce
- 8 oz (227 g) long beans, trimmed and chopped into 1 inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (8 oz/227 mL) bamboo shoot strips, drained well
- 1 cup (250 mL) turkey or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp (5 mL) brown sugar
- 6 oz (180 g) rice noodles
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped cashews or peanuts
In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat oil over medium high heat. Cook, turkey and garlic for 2 minutes. Add curry paste and fish sauce and cook for 2 minutes. Remove to plate.
Add beans, pepper and bamboo shoots. Pour in broth; cover and steam for 5 minutes. Uncover and return turkey and accumulated juices to skillet with brown sugar and cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until well coated and turkey is no longer pink inside.
Meanwhile, in a saucepan of boiling water, cook noodles for 2 minutes. Drain well and return to pot. Toss with oil and basil to combine. Spread noodles over shallow bowl or platter and top with turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cashews. Let stand for 2 minutes for juices to absorb into the noodles before serving.
Spicier Version: Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the sauce for an added kick.
Per serving: About 472 cal, 35 g pro, 14 g total fat (3 g sat fat), 49 g carb, 3 g fibre, 78 mg chol, 1490 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 28%, calcium 7%, vit A 7%, vit C 114%