Saucy Turkey Wings
Prep time: Cook time: Makes: 4 Servings
- 4 Ontario turkey wings, (about 3 lb/1.5 kg) cut into 2 pieces each
Curry Lime Sauce:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Thai green or red curry paste
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) grated lime rind
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fish sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) liquid honey
Cut wings into 2 pieces at both joints. Discard wing tips.
Place wings in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Boil wings for 30 minutes, while skimming off foam. Remove turkey from water and place in a very large bowl.
Curry Lime Sauce: Add curry paste, lime rind and juice, fish sauce and honey to wings and toss well to coat evenly.
Place turkey wings on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake in 400 F (200 C) oven for about 30 minutes or until golden and juices run clear when pierced.
Makes 8 pieces.
Sriracha Maple Variation: Omit Curry Lime Sauce and combine turkey with 1/4 cup (60 mL) ketchup, 3 tbsp (45 mL) pure maple syrup, 2 tbsp (30 mL) Sriracha chili sauce and 2 cloves garlic, minced.