Sesame Turkey Dumplings
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ginger powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups (750 mL) napa cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 lbs (908 g) ground Ontario turkey
- ½ cup (120 mL) green onions, finely chopped
- 50 wonton wrappers
- ¼ cup (60 mL) soy sauce
- ¼ cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame seed oil
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) red chili flakes
In a small bowl combine the marinade ingredients, whisk together and set aside. Blanch the finely chopped napa cabbage for a minute in boiling water. Rinse under cold water, drain and place in a large bowl. Add to this the Ground Turkey, green onions and marinade.
Deposit a heaping tsp. of filling onto the centre of each dumpling wrapper. Fold corner to corner to form a triangle. Fold each side point towards the centre to form a “bundle”.
To make soft dumplings: Bring a medium pot of water to a gentle boil. Drop dumplings in and cook until they rise to the top and are fully cooked, approximately 5-8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and serve with dipping sauce.
To make crispy dumplings: In a sauté pan, add enough oil to come up inch on the side. Fry the dumplings over medium heat until crispy on both sides. Drain on paper towel. Serve with dipping sauce.