Slow Cooker Turkey Bulgogi
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours on low
Makes: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast (about 1 1/4 lb/600 g)
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sodium reduced soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) each minced ginger and sesame oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup (250 mL) snow peas, halved
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated carrot
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Thinly slice turkey breast crosswise into thin strips; toss with hot pepper flakes. Set aside.
Sprinkle onion, carrot and red pepper in bottom of slow cooker. Toss with sliced turkey.
In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, rice vinegar, ginger and sesame oil until sugar is dissolved. Stir into turkey mixture; cover and cook on Low for 5 hours or on High for 3 hours.
Uncover and stir in cauliflower and snow peas. Cover and cook on High for 10 minutes. Spoon into shallow bowls and top with grated carrot and green onions to serve.