Turkey & Bacon Mushroom Caps
Makes: 4 Servings
- 3 slices bacon cut into 1/4 inch (5 mm) slices
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried thyme
- to taste salt & pepper
- 1/4 lb (125 g) chopped cooked Ontario turkey
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) 10% cream
- 8 large mushrooms (or 4 Portobello)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter melted
In small skillet, over medium heat, fry bacon until almost crisp; add garlic and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
In food Processor, process turkey until minced. Add bacon mixture and pulse a few times to mix. With machine running, drizzle in cream, just until moistened.
Cut stems from mushrooms, trim inside edge of cap to enlarge stuffing area; discard trimmings. Brush top of caps with melted butter and place top-down in baking dish. Fill caps with turkey filling. Bake at 425ºF (220ºC) 10-12 minutes or until caps are tender.