Turkey Black Bean Salad
Makes: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cumin
- 2 tsp (10 mL) hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless Ontario turkey breast, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 19oz. (540 mL) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cilantro, chopped
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, Dijon mustard, cumin, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper.
Place turkey in non-metal bowl or pan. Pour 1/2 of the olive oil mixture over the turkey; mix to coat turkey. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to overnight. Reserve remaining olive oil mixture until ready to use.
Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill marinated turkey pieces 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Slice turkey into thin strips.
In a large bowl, mix together black beans, corn, red pepper, green onions and turkey strips. Pour reserved olive oil mixture over top; mix to combine. Stir in cilantro.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.