Bacon Mushroom Cheese Turkey Burgers
MAKES: 6 Servings
- 1-1/2 lb (750 g) ground Ontario turkey
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mushrooms, sliced
- 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) mayonnaise
In a bowl, combine ground turkey, onion, garlic and pepper; mix well. Shape into 6 patties. In a small bowl, combine cheese, mushrooms, bacon, green onion and mayonnaise, mix well.
Broil or grill burgers 4-6 inches (10-15cm) from heat on medium temperature grill for 10-12 minutes, turning once. During the last several minutes of cooking, spoon 1/4 cup (50mL) topping on each burger. Continue cooking until cheese is melted.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 396; Protein 34 g; Fat 14 g; Carbohydrates 37 g.