MAKES: 4 Servings
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked Ontario turkey, chopped
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (750 mL) stock (chicken or TURKEY broth)
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) frozen corn
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme
In a fry pan, heat butter and cook onion, celery and carrots for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add flour. Stir and cook on low heat for 1 minute. Add stock and bring to a boil. Add turkey, potato, corn and thyme. Cook over low heat 15 minutes, or until potato is cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrient analysis per serving:282 calories; 9g fat; 27g protein; 22g carbohydrates.