Turkey Club Roti
Prep time: Cook time: Makes: 5 Servings
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped cooked turkey
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 5 roti or large flour tortillas (about 10 inches/25 cm in diameter)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) mango chutney
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp (10 mL) curry powder
In nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, turning once for about 5 minutes or until crisp and browned. Remove to cutting board and chop coarsely.
In large bowl, combine cooked turkey, bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato; set aside.
Curry Mayonnaise: In small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, chutney, cilantro and curry powder until combined. Scrape into turkey mixture and stir gently to combine.
Divide mixture among roti and fold up sides and roll up. Place in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and toast on both sides until golden.
Tip: Make up the roti ahead of time and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate so when you get home all you have to do is warm them up and enjoy.
Per serving: About 476 cal, 24 g pro, 20 g total fat (3 g sat fat), 50 g carb, 6 g fibre, 60 mg chol, 715 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 30%, calcium 5%, vit A 6%, vit C 15%