Cook time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (454 g) Ontario boneless skinless turkey breast, cut into 1 inch/2.5 cm pieces
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) barbecue sauce, ketchup or chili sauce (such as Heinz)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 3 cups (750 mL) chunky style mild or medium salsa, divided
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Guacamole (optional)
In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook, stirring occasionally until no longer pink inside. Remove to plate. Add onion and garlic to same skillet; cook, stirring for about 5 minutes or until softened. Return turkey to skillet and stir in barbecue sauce; simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Spread half of the salsa into
Spread half of the salsa into bottom of small casserole dish. Divide turkey filling among tortillas and sprinkle with each with 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the cheese. Roll up and place seam side down into dish. Spoon remaining salsa over top with remaining cheese.
Bake in 375 F (190 C) for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortillas are golden. Serve with guacamole if desired.