Turkey Layered Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes: 8 Servings
- 4 cups (1 L) iceberg lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1/2 lb. (250 g) turkey pastrami, cut into 3/4 inch (2cm) cubes
- 2 cups (500 mL) small broccoli flowerets
- 2 cups (500 mL) cucumbers, unpeeled, cut into 1/2 inch (1.5cm) cubes
- 1/2 lb. oven roasted Ontario turkey breast, cut into 3/4 inch (2 cm) cubes
- 1 pkg. (250 g) frozen peas 10 oz. (308 mL) defrosted
- 3/4 lb. (375 g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) no cholesterol, reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) reduced fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) skim milk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) dill pickle relish, drained
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) dill weed
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dry mustard
In a 3 quart (3L) salad bowl, layer lettuce, turkey pastrami, broccoli, cucumber, turkey breast, peas and tomatoes.
To make dressing, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, onions, relish, dill and mustard. Spread dressing completely over top of salad to edges of salad bowl.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night. To serve, do not toss salad mixture together, simply spoon salad onto serving plates.
Nutrient analysis per serving: Calories 256; Protein 19 g; Fat 14 g; Carbohydrates 15 g.