Turkey Mango Salad
Makes: 4-1 cup (250mL) servings.
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 1 8-oz (227 g) extra lean ground Ontario turkey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fish sauce (or sodium reduced soy sauce)
- 2 mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh cilantro (or basil) chopped
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lime juice
- Pinch granulated sugar
- Dash hot pepper sauce
In large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat and cook, turkey, garlic, ginger and fish sauce, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Remove from heat.
In large bowl, blend mango, pepper, cilantro and mint. Add turkey mixture to bowl and stir. Drizzle with lime juice, sugar and hot sauce; stir to combine.
Tip: For a bold heat, add 1/2 tsp (2mL) Asian garlic chili paste to the salad.
Per serving: About 179 cal, 12 g pro, 6 g total fat (1 g sat fat), 22 g carb, 3 g fibre, 37 mg chol, 408 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 6%, calcium 2%, vit A 8%, vit C 114%