Prep time: Cook time: Makes: 24 wedges.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 8-oz (227 g) skinless, boneless Ontario turkey breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large whole wheat flour tortillas
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded light Monterey
- Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) salsa (optional)
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook turkey, stirring for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Remove to plate.
Return skillet to medium-high heat and cook pepper, onion and chili powder for about 3 minutes or until onions just begins to soften. Stir in turkey, hot pepper sauce and pepper.
Divide turkey mixture among half of each of the tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese and fold over uncovered half, pressing to help seal.
Wipe out skillet and place over medium heat and place folded tortilla in pan and cook, on both sides until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Cut each into 4 wedges and serve with salsa, if desired.
Per serving: About cal 356, pro 24 g, total fat 18 g (sat fat 6 g), carb 31 g, fibre 6 g, chol 49 mg, sodium 843 mg. % RDI: calcium 27%, iron 12%, vit A 18%, vit C 38%.