Turkey, Red Pepper & Goat Cheese Frittata
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) red onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) parsley, chopped
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (250 mL) goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup (250 mL) roasted red peppers, sliced*
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked Ontario turkey, diced
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9″ x 13″ pan.
In a large skillet on medium, heat oil and sauté Italian seasoning for one minute to release the flavour. Add mushrooms and onions and sauté until golden. Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat eggs, water, salt and pepper until foamy. Stir in mushroom and onion mixture, cheeses, red peppers, and turkey.
Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake in the centre of the oven for 30 – 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
*Use prepared roasted peppers from a jar for added convenience!