Turkey Sausage & Grilled Vegetable Penne
Makes: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 turkey sausages, grilled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red onion, grilled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red pepper, grilled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) asparagus, grilled and cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 6 cups (1.5 L) cooked penne pasta
- salt and pepper,
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coarsely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
In a medium saucepan add the olive oil, turkey sausage, grilled onions, grilled peppers, grilled asparagus, cherry tomatoes, and garlic. Sauté gently until the mixture is hot and the flavours have married. Add the balsamic vinegar and 3 tbsp of the basil.
Add the cooked pasta to the hot mixture. Adjust the seasoning. Place in a large serving dish. Top with the grated Parmesan cheese and the remainder of the basil.