Turkey Scaloppini Naan
- ¼ cup (60 mL) flour
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) black pepper
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 2 Ontario turkey scaloppini
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) extra virgin olive oil, dividedjuice from one lemon
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pieces naan bread
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) mango chutney
- ¼ cup (60 mL) fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup (120 mL) shredded old white cheddar
Set oven to broil.
Combine the flour, salt and pepper on a plate. Dip each scaloppini coating both sides. In a saucepan, heat 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil over medium heat and carefully place the turkey scaloppini in the pan. Cook for 5 minutes on each side until brown, crispy and fully cooked, and then finish with the lemon juice. Slice and set aside.
In the same pan, heat the remaining oil and sauté peppers and onions until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
To assemble, place the Naan bread on a baking sheet and spread the mango chutney evenly onto each Naan. Top with the scaloppini, then the peppers, onions and fresh cilantro. Top with the cheddar cheese. Place in the oven under the broiler until the cheese is melted and golden, approximately 10 minutes. Enjoy!