Turkey Spring Rolls
Makes 8 rolls (2 per serving).
- 1 tsp (5 mL) oil
- 1/4 lb (125 g) ground Ontario turkey
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) red pepper diced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) water chestnuts diced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) carrot finely shredded
- 1/3 cup(75 mL) green onion minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh coriander finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chili garlic paste
- 5 1/4 inch (13 cm) egg roll wraps
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) flour
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) water
In large skillet, over medium heat, heat oil. Stir in turkey; cook stirring frequently, breaking up, with spoon, until no longer pink. Remove from heat and stir in red pepper, water chestnuts, carrot, onion, coriander, hoisin sauce, sesame oil and chili garlic paste until well combined; let cool.
In small bowl mix together flour and water until smooth. With one point towards you, place 3 tbsp (45 mL) along centre of each eggroll wrap. Brush over edges of point that is away from you with flour water glue. Fold bottom point snugly over filling, fold in sides and roll over top point, pressing to seal; repeat. (May be wrapped with plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 4 hours.)
TO COOK: Heat a little oil in skillet over medium heat. Add rolls and cook 1 minutes on all sides until golden; drain on paper towel. Serve with hoisin or soy sauce for dipping.