Turkey Sweet Potato Burrito
PREP TIME: COOK TIME: MAKES: 3 servings
- 1 sweet potato (about 10 oz/300 g), peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable broth
- 8 oz (227 g) lean ground Ontario turkey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Thai chili pepper, sliced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 large whole wheat flour tortillas
In a large skillet, bring sweet potato and broth to simmer. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover and stir in turkey, ginger, garlic and pepper. Cook, stirring gently for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
Whisk together cornstarch and soy sauce. Stir into skillet along with cilantro and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
Divide mixture among centre of tortillas and fold over sides and roll up.
Place on greased grill over medium high heat and grill for about 4 minutes, turning once or until browned and crispy.
Tip: This recipe easily doubles for a larger family.
Need dinner on the go? Simply wrap the burritos before grilling and keep in the refrigerator ready to pop into a microwave when you need them.