Apricot Stir-Fry Turkey
Makes: 4 Servings
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) apricot jam
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) orange juice
- 2 tbsp (26 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) each, cornstarch and Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) Ontario turkey, cut into thin strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ginger root, minced (optional)
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup (250 mL) snow peas
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) carrots, julienned
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) cashews, toasted
In small bowl, whisk together jam, orange and lemon juices, cornstarch and mustard; set aside.
In wok or large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add turkey strips; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until just cooked through; remove to bowl. Add garlic, ginger root, red pepper, snow peas and carrots; cook about 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp.
Return turkey to pan. Stir apricot mixture and pour over turkey mixture. Bring to a boil; boil, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute or until thickened. Serve topped with onions and cashews.