Crispy Lemon & Sesame Turkey Gobblers
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes marinating, 10 minutes frying
Makes: 4 (as meal), 8 (as appetizer)
- 1 cup (250 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 lb (500 g) turkey tenderloin, tendon removed, cut in half lengthwise then cut across to form 2 to 3 inch (5 to 7.5 cm) strips
- ½ cup (125 mL) corn starch
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
Mix together the lemon juice, sesame oil, salt and pepper.
Add turkey strips and marinate for no less than 30 minutes, no more than 2 hours.
Pre-heat at least 4 inches of oil in heavy, straight-sided pot, to 360°F (180°C)
Strain turkey strips and discard marinade. Pat dry with paper towel.
Dredge strips in corn starch, shaking off excess corn starch. Deep fry until golden and floating in the oil and internal temperature is 165°F (75°C).
Remove from oil with slotted spoon and place on paper towel.
Sprinkle with salt and sesame seeds, serve with liquid honey or favourite dipping sauces.