Pistachio Crusted Turkey with Herb, Lemon and Pomegranate Salad
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 cup (250 mL) shelled raw pistachios (about 4 ounces/113 g)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Greek plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Grainy mustard
- 6 4 oz (113 g) boneless skinless Ontario turkey breast cutlets
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- Zest and juice of one large lemon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) honey
- ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) mixed herb leaves, such as parsley, cilantro, mint, or any combination
- 4 cups (1 L) arugula leaves
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate, or 1 small carton of pomegranate seeds (about 3/4 cup or 175 mL)
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Roughly grind nuts in processor or chop by hand. Add panko and blend, using on/off turns if using processor. Transfer to shallow baking dish. Mix basil, dill, rosemary, yogurt and mustard in medium bowl. Spread mustard mixture over both sides of each turkey cutlet. Dip turkey into nut mixture, coating completely. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Heat the oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add turkey to skillet and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer turkey to baking sheet. Bake turkey until cooked through, about 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the lemon zest and juice, honey and oil until well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In bowl, combine the herbs, arugula and pomegranate seeds in serving bowl or on a platter. Drizzle greens with dressing and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately with turkey cutlets over top or on the side.
Per serving: About 422 cal, 23 g total fat, 20 g carb, 4 g fibre, 34 g protein, 45 mg chol, 200 mg sodium. %RDI: iron: 15%, calcium 6%, vit A 20%, vit C 25%