Skillet Chipotle Turkey Burrito Bowl
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pkg (450 g) ground Ontario turkey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 can (19 oz/ 540 mL) white beans or chickpea, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked rice
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) chunky salsa
- 1 large or 2 small canned chipotle chilies in adobo, minced
- 1 container grape (or heirloom cherry) tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (250 mL) corn kernals
- 2 avocados, diced
- 4 lime wedges
- Sour cream (optional)
In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until softened. Increase heat to medium-high and add turkey, salt and pepper; cook, breaking up turkey for about 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in beans, rice, salsa and chipotle; cook, stirring for about 3 minutes or until heated through and turkey is no longer pink inside.
Divide rice among bowls, top each with turkey mixture thentomatoes, corn and avocado. Serve with lime wedge to squeeze over top and sour cream if desired.
Tip: Check your fridge for leftovers as this is the perfect way to change up the toppings for your burrito bowl.