Stuffed Turkey Rolls with Pasta
Prep time: Cook time: Makes: 4 – 6 servings
- 1 pound (500 g each) turkey scaloppine
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt, divided
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1 jar (660 mL) tomato passata
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 sprig fresh basil
- 1 pkg (375 g) whole wheat or gluten free penne pasta
Lay scaloppine out on work surface. Sprinkle them with pepper and half of the salt.
Divide garlic, parsley and cheese among scaloppine. Roll up each one and secure with a toothpick or kitchen string.
In a deep skillet heat oil over medium high heat. Brown turkey rolls and remove to a plate.
Return skillet to medium heat and cook shallots, oregano and hot pepper flakes for 3 minutes or until softened. Add passata, parsley, basil and remaining salt; bring to a simmer. Add turkey rolls and any accumulated juices. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until turkey is tender and no longer pink inside.
Meanwhile, in pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for about 8 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain well and return to pot.
Remove turkey rolls from sauce and pour sauce over pasta and toss to combine. Serve with rolls.
Per serving (based on 6 servings): About 381 cal, 6 g total fat, 53 g carb, 7 g fibre, 33 g protein, 55 mg chol, 623 mg sodium. %RDI: iron: 26%, calcium 11%, vit A 18%, vit C 44%