Turkey, Green Bean, Corn & Tomato Salad
Makes: 4 Servings
- 1 lb (454 g) boneless, skinless Ontario turkey breast, cut into 2 fillets
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each, coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cobs of corn, husked
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced into ½-inch (1.25 cm) thick rounds
- 2 cups (500 mL) trimmed green beans
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
Combine turkey with half each of the oil, cilantro, salt, pepper and garlic in a resealable bag. Let marinate for at least one hour and up to one day.
Grill turkey over medium high heat until cooked through, about 10 minutes per side. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes before slicing across the grain.
Brush corn and onion rings with remaining oil and salt and pepper, grill until onion is tender and grill marks form on both the onions and the corn, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board and slice kernels from cob. Chop onion. Add onion and corn to a bowl with green beans and cherry tomatoes. Toss with remaining cilantro. Sprinkle with lime juice and a pinch of coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper
To serve: Divide salad over 4 plates and top each with equal amounts of sliced turkey.
Per serving: About 250 cal, 31 g pro, 8 g total fat (1 g sat fat), 15 g carb, 4 g fibre, 45 mg chol, 700 mg sodium. %RDI: iron 15%, calcium 4%, vit A 6%, vit C 25%