Turkey Monte Cristo
Makes: 2 servings
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each, dried sage, thyme and pepper
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) dried savory
- 4 slices French bread (3/4 inch)
- 2 large slices Swiss cheese (30 g each)
- 2 Ontario turkey scallopini pieces cooked or roasted Ontario turkey
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) whole berry cranberry sauce
In large shallow baking dish, whisk together eggs, milk, parsley, salt and herbs; set aside. on clean surface or plate, place 1 slice bread; top with a half slice of cheese. Add 1 piece of turkey; top with 1 tbsp (15mL) of the cranberry sauce and another half slice of cheese. Top with remaining bread slice. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Dip sandwiches in egg mixture. On lightly greased grill or skillet over medium heat, cook sandwiches on both sides until lightly browned.